Wednesday, July 15, 2009

UH... 2 days away

Well on a business note, I got my mailing tubes in, finally. And got my 2 orders out. Although I should be thinking business to keep my mind busy all I keep thinking about is my 3 year old. It’s only 2 days away now. Really less than that, our appointment is at 9am Friday morning and we have to check her in at 7am. We live an hour away from the hospital so we’ll be getting up and leaving our house around 5:45am, JOY! We’ve not told Kenzie anything yet. I didn’t want her to be scared days until the surgery. I am thinking we should probably say something tomorrow. I just don’t know what yet. She just turned 3 and although smart I just don’t think she’ll understand. She’s seen Maddi in the hospital so much and how scary that was when she was hooked up to tons of stuff and I don’t want that to be what she thinks of when she thinks of the hospital. I want it to be really light, not scary, just a little thing we’ve gotta do then we are back to life.

I got out the paperwork that the doctor sent to me to review over a month ago. I stuffed it into a drawer and refused to read it. But today I got it out. One thing I did like was a website they sent me to with a very detailed animation that told us what to expect. The only part I hated listening to was the risks. I know there are risks but I kinda like to “forget” about them.

Yesterday my daughter was in her bedroom with her daddy and I was on the couch with Maddi and I was listening to them talk. I got an overwhelming feeling, like what if I never hear her voice again. I know it’s awful to think that way but it crossed my mind. I think I’d just loose it! To be honest this blog has been a good outlet for me! I will keep you guys posted. I know all will turn out well! We will accept any prayers!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment